Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Apple Chips

There was an apple party so I decided to google apple recipes. I found one for apple chips on food gawker and they just look so good I couldn't help myself! Not to mention they seem somewhat healthy. I am super excited to try this new snack! Apples are one of my favorite snacks. I eat it for breakfast with a slice of cinnamon and sugar toast, I have it for lunch with a peanut butter and honey sandwich or just for a snack. So who wouldn't love dried apples! They were even a big hit at the party, I used granny smith so they had a nice tart flavor, slight crisp and chewy texture.

Apple Chips
Source: http://umaskitchenexperiments.blogspot.com/2011/09/apple-chips.html

Apples - 2 nos, gala, granny smith or any firm variety
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon

1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
2) Wash and slice the apples perpendicular to the core in small slices. (as this as you can)
3) Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and Bake for 2-3 hours
4) Allow to cool (will become more crispy) and then sprinkle with cinnamon.

No comments: